23 February 2009

Sex in mother tongue

Is talking about sex less authentic when done in a second language? Check out these lines of the poem "Bilingual" by Jose Nuñez:

"My thighs quiver in anticipation of deep penetration which gets me high
Body rising
Sweating
Panting
Make-up melting
Pulling my hair and
Scratching my back
I get a temporary case of tourettes because all I can say are four letter words in a four octave-range screaming your name

Aye papi
Eres tan grande y tan duro y me lo da tan bueno
Tu eres mi pecado mortal
Cojelo otra vez [You are so big and so hard, you give it to me so good, you are my mortal sin, do it again.]

You fucking me makes me bilingual."

Is this what the New Testament calls speaking in tongues? There is a metaphorical, perhaps literal connection between ecstasy during orgasm and ecstasy during a divine vision.

1 comment: